Happy 2015!! I can’t believe that we are already one week into the new year. We hope that everyone had wonderful holiday celebrations, and capitalized on your time off. Now it’s time for us to hit the ground running and gear up for a fantastic 2015 season, so today we’re continuing with our wedding invitation guide,
Wedding Invitation Guide – Part 2
The A List & B List
-Reasons you might need a back up list:
1) Budget purposes
2) To meet a venue minimum (if you are receiving more NO’s than originally anticipated)
3) To accomodate a small venue
-Keys to making a B list work without offending anyone:
1) Ensure your second round of invitations don’t go out too late (aim for no later than 4 weeks after the first invitations are sent)
2) Try to keep your circles together: family, friends, colleagues, etc. This will lessen the chance of people crossing paths and wondering why they haven’t received their invitations yet.
3) Print two sets of RSVP response cards, so the B list has a later date. Sending RSVP’s with a date that has passed is a dead giveaway.
With a B guest list discretion is key; No one wants to end up with hurt feelings or drama in the weeks leading up to your big day. When deciding to send out B list invitations make sure that you are not inviting this B list just for the sake of excitement, they probably didn’t make your A list for a reason.